1. Collection of personal information
a. Information you directly and voluntarily provide to us Enquiry:
If you provide your personal data to Mada Properties to enquire about properties or events, or if you sign up to become a registered user of any website operated by Mada Properties, you will be required to provide certain information as part of the registration process.
This information may include your first and last name, email address, telephone number and business or home address. Membership information is used to communicate with you, to design content and activities that we believe would be of interest to you, and to ensure that Mada Properties will not violate any applicable sanctions in providing you access to Mada Properties’s goods and services.
If you wish to opt-out of receiving these communications from us, please follow the instructions contained in an applicable communication you receive from us.
Events: Mada Properties may host events for product knowledge sharing. If you register for a Mada Properties event, we will access the information in your account to provide you with information and services associated with the event. If you register for one of our events and you are not a Mada Properties member, we will collect your first and last name, email address, business or home address, information about the type of business you work for or with, which we will use to provide you with information and services associated with the event.
Communications with Mada Properties:
If you communicate or correspond with us by email, through postal mail, via phone or through other forms of communication, including our customer service centre, we may collect the information you provide as part of those communications. For example, if you correspond with us through email, we may collect and store the email address you use to send the applicable correspondence and use it to respond to your enquiry; to notify you of Mada Properties events, or other services; or to keep a record of your complaint, accommodation request, and similar purposes.
b. Information we automatically collect from you
We may automatically collect information about you when you use the sites or our services. For example, if you access the sites through a computer, we will automatically collect information such as your browser type and version, computer and connection information, IP address, pages you have visited and standard web log information. We may use remarketing tools that will serve ads to you based on your location, the content you have explored on our site to render ads to you after you have left our site. If you access the sites through a mobile device, we may also be able to identify the location of your mobile device. You may choose not to share your location details with us by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
We may automatically collect information from you when you use the sites using ‘cookies’ and other similar technologies, such as web beacons. Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored within your computer’s internet browser and that are accessed and recorded by the websites that you visit so that they can recognise the same browser navigating online at a later time.
The cookies are not able to execute code or access other information stored on the computer. Web beacons are transparent pixel images that are used in collecting information about website usage, email response and tracking. In addition to those mentioned above, third parties may also set cookies when you visit the site. In some cases, that is because we have hired a third party to provide services on our behalf, such as an enquiry form. Because your browser connects to those third parties, they are able to set or read their own cookies on your device and may collect information about your online activities (but not any personally identifiable data) across websites or online services. Some of our pages use a third-party software provider, such as Optimizely, Unbounce, Hotjar etc to test variations in the content to help us improve your experience. Information that may be collected by cookies when you use the sites may include, without limitation:
- the pages you visit within the sites
- the date and time of your visit to the sites
- the amount of time you spend using the sites
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet
- your computer and connection information such as your browser type and version, operating system and platform
This information is collected to enhance the site performance and end user experience. You can set your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie. To learn more about your ability to manage cookies and web beacons, please consult the privacy features in your browser.
2. Marketing communications
We may combine your information with data we collect from our vendors and use it to improve and personalise the Mada Properties website. If you don't wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customisation programs, simply update your communication preferences at firstname.lastname@example.org, or follow the directions provided with the communication or advertisement.
3. Use, sharing and retention of personal information
a. How we use your information
In general, we use the information we collect primarily to provide, maintain, protect, and improve our current products and to develop new ones. This allows us to:
- Facilitate the creation of and security of your account on our network
- Identify you as a user in our services
- Improve our services, website and how we operate our business
- Understand and enhance your experience using our website, products and related services
- Respond to your comments or questions (and for our support team to provide service)
- Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages
- Communicate with you about promotions, upcoming events and news regarding products and services offered by Mada Properties
- Link or combine it with other information we get from third parties, to help us understand your needs and provide you with better service
- Protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorised or illegal activity
b. Information for individuals located in the European Union Legal basis for the processing of personal information from EEA residents
If you reside within the European Economic Area (EEA), our processing of your personal information will be legitimised as follows:
- Whenever we require your consent for the processing of your personal information such processing will be justified pursuant to Article 6(1) lit (a) of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (‘GDPR’). This article in the GDPR describes when processing can be done lawfully.
- If the processing of your personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and Mada Properties or for taking any pre-contractual steps upon your request, such processing will be based on GDPR Article 6(1) lit (b). If this data is not processed, Mada Properties will not be able to execute the contract with you.
- Where the processing is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, we will process your information on basis of GDPR Article 6(1) lit (c), for example complying in the fields of employment law.
- And where the processing is necessary for the purposes of Mada Properties’s legitimate interests, such processing will be made in accordance with GDPR Article 6(1) lit (f), for example to detect fraud.
- You may also receive personalised advertising where you indicate to Mada Properties specific interests by requesting information about a product or service or by indicating your marketing preferences in the Preference Centre (access to which is provided at the bottom of this page), however, you may also receive general communications regarding new launches, promotions or schemes.
Transferring personal data from the EU to the Saudi Arabia
Mada Properties has its headquarters in the Saudi Arabia. Information we collect from you will be processed in Saudi Arabia. The security of your privacy and the information you give us is very important to us, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Mada Properties or guarantee that your information on the Mada Properties Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our industry standard physical, technical or managerial safeguards.
When you enter sensitive information (such as log in credentials) on our order form or chat form, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, Mada Properties cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the sites and you do so at your own risk. Mada Properties participates in its compliance with the EU Privacy Shield Framework.
Mada Properties is committed to subjecting all personal information received from EU member countries to the Frameworks’ applicable principles (‘Principles’).
European Union data subject rights
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation and other countries’ privacy laws provide certain rights for data subjects (these are persons that can be identified). This Privacy Notice is intended to provide you with information about what personal data Mada Properties collects about you and how it is used. If you wish to confirm that Mada Properties is processing your personal data, or to have access to the personal data Mada Properties may have about you, or have other questions, please contact us at email@example.com. You may also request information through our Data Subject Access Portal about:
- the purpose of the processing
- the categories of personal data concerned
- who else outside Mada Properties might have received the data from Mada Properties
- what the source of the information was (if you did not provide it directly to Mada Properties)
- where the personal data is stored and how long it will be stored
You have a right to correct (rectify) the record of your personal data maintained by Mada Properties if it is inaccurate. You may request that Mada Properties erase that data or cease processing it, subject to certain exceptions. You may also ask Mada Properties for your personal data to be supplemented or updated, or for their transformation into anonymous format or to block any data held in violation of the law, as well as to oppose their treatment for any and all legitimate reasons. You may withdraw your consent for the processing of personal data or the further processing of personal data by Mada Properties at any time. You may also request that Mada Properties cease using your data for Direct Marketing purposes by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
In many countries (including EEA countries), you have a right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority if you have concerns about how Mada Properties processes your personal data. When technically feasible, Mada Properties will – at your request – provide your personal data to you or transmit it directly to another controller. You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured and standard format. In addition to the information contained in this Privacy Notice, you may be provided with additional and contextual information concerning particular services or the collection and processing of your personal data upon request.
c. Data storage and retention
Your personal data is stored by Mada Properties on its servers, and on the servers of the database management services Mada Properties engages, located in Saudi Arabia. Mada Properties retains data for the duration of the customer’s business relationship with Mada Properties and otherwise as required under applicable law. Personal data will be kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which your personal data are processed.
We will retain your personal data as long as you are a Mada Properties customer or require our services so that we can provide these services to you. If you are located in the European Economic Area, at the moment you come out of Mada Properties association or withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal information, all your personal data received and stored will be erased if no longer needed by us. Unless we are required to retain this personal data by law or to comply with our regulatory obligations. In such a case, we will only keep this personal data for as long as necessary. For more information on where and how long your personal data is stored, and for more information on your rights of erasure and portability, please contact our data privacy resource at email@example.com.
4. How to Contact Mada Properties and modify your information or preferences
Questions regarding this Privacy Notice should be directed to Mada Properties’s data privacy resource: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to modify the types of marketing email messages you receive from Mada Properties, you may do so by following the instructions within the body of any email message that you receive from us.
5. Modifications to this Privacy Notice
From time to time, Mada Properties may need to update or modify this Privacy Notice, to reflect changes in our business practices, data collection practices or organisation. We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice at any time, for any reason, without notice to you, other than the posting of the amended Privacy Notice on the sites, or, if you have provided your email address to us, sending you an email notifying you of the amended Privacy Notice. It is strongly recommended to check the site often, referring to the date of the last modification listed at the top. We will in any case not reduce your rights under this Privacy Notice without your explicit and informed consent. If you do not agree to the changes, you should discontinue your use of the sites, and cease providing personal information to us, prior to the time the modified Privacy Notice takes effect. If you continue using the sites or provide personal information after the modified Privacy Notice takes effect, you will be bound by the modified Privacy Notice.
6. Questions, concerns or complaints
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, please contact.